Slideshow

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Puppies on the way!




The day after we got back from Jackson, I noticed that our dog Zoey was looking a little more plump than usual. And upon further inspection, I realized that she was indeed expecting. She was in heat a couple of months ago, and did take off a couple of nights, and even though we would call for her, she wouldn't come. I was just hoping that nothing got too seriuos cuz it happened the last time she was in heat and no puppies came from that. Well, we weren't so lucky this time. I am only guessing that the daddy is a chocolate lab cuz that's the only dog that would hang around here, and it was a male. The last litter of pups she had a couple of years ago were black lab mix and they were so stinkin' cute. So I'm hoping that the daddy is the chocolate lab and they should be cute. We are keeping our fingers crossed. She is almost due, so I've been keeping an eye on her and letting her in to just be more comfortable and sprawl out on the floor. When it gets really close to her due date, which I'm assuming is the end of this week, I will let her sleep downstairs, so she doesn't have to have her pups outside in the frigid cold. Tyrel did build a very luxurious dog house with a heat lamp in it that can fit our whole family inside. Once the puppies are a little bit older they can be nice and snug out there and I don't have to worry about cleaning up their little messes!:) I feel so bad for her right now. You can tell she is just miserable and getting more and more uncomfortable. It totally reminds me of being pregnant in the last trimester. Sometimes she will come over to me and just rest her head on my lap or snuggle her head into my stomach, as if to say, "make this go away." Poor Zoey, "it will all be over soon", is what I say to her. I hope it's not in the middle of the night, which it probably will be. So I will definitely post pics of the little ones when they finally decide to arrive!

No comments: