Slideshow

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Zoey

I have been avoiding posting about this because it's still a very sore subject for me, but I will get it over with. Our beautiful German Shepherd, Zoey passed away last Friday due to kidney failure. We are not certain what caused it, but we think she may have gotten into some sort of rodent control or possibly something of that nature. I noticed about a month ago that her leg was bothering her and she would whine when she moved the wrong way. I'm not sure what happened, but she may have gotten hit by a car and had some internal damage that may have set things in motion also. She was about 4 years old and she was a very good dog. The kids absolutely loved her and she will be missed a lot. It will take a while for me to heal because of my love for animals. It's wierd to not have her come up to us when we go outside or to see her lying on the lawn somewhere in one of her favorite spots under the pine tree or on the front porch. I miss her running up to our car every time we would come home from town or when we were gone from home for a few days. I know that things are better now for her and she is no longer in pain or suffering. We were very lucky to have such an awesome dog like her and she will be missed. I believe that we will get to see her again someday. We love you Zoey!

1 comment:

Tia said...

:'(
Zoey was such an awesome dog. It's such a bummer that her life was cut short.